Tanzania’s Online Payments Market
Mobile phone subscribers: 26.8 million
People who use mobile payments 31.8 million
Tanzania Online Payments: Mobile Providers and Banks
Tanzanian merchants that are searching for a safe, reliable and secure credit card processing platform turn to Direct Pay Online. Our system enables customers to shop online and pay in real-time using credit cards, mobile money, or bank transfers.
Direct Pay Online works with the following mobile providers in Tanzania:
- Tigo PESA
- Airtel money
The leading banks in Tanzania:
- Internet Service Providers
Which payments forms you’ll be able to accept?
Which currencies you’ll be able to accept?
Who can open an account with 3G Direct Pay?
Any travel related merchant / provider and E-commerce merchants (hotel, airline, travel agent, tour operator, tour guides etc.)
The travel industry has seen great traction from the introduction of online payments in Tanzania. These travel associations in the country can offer guidance for online merchants.
- Tanzania Association of Tour Operators (TATO) is comprised of over 200 members who provide marketable tourist services into local and world market.
- Tanzania Society of Travel Agents (TASOTA) represented the interests of Tanzanian travel agents and works to enhance and improve the Travel Industry business climate in Tanzania.
- Tanzania Air Operators’ Association (TAOA) is dedicated to the development and expansion of sustainable aviation which is geared towards safety, efficiency, regular and economic operations via a coordinated partnership and decision making between TAOA and the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Hotels Association of Tanzania (HAT) serves the Hotel community in Tanzania.